How much cash for my furniture can I expect to receive.
Ok, so you want cash for your furniture. You have used designer pieces from your living room that you want to sell & you’re looking for someone who can take them ASAP – for cash of course. Well what can you expect?
What was the value of your furniture brand new?
It’s simple mathematics :
So what does all this mean?
In short, what you can expect to receive in cash for your furniture is about a third of its retail value. The typical amounts usually range between 25% – 35% of its retail value. And yes, that figure is the same even if your furniture happens to be in ‘brand new’ condition which we find is the most common description owners give.
The point is this..
– It’s popular. It’s a style of furniture that’s in demand.
– It’s in literal ‘brand new’ condition (any item of furniture that ‘isn’t’ sitting inside a retail shop or showroom can be called brand new even if you’ve denied all including the dog a sitting.
– You have furniture signed by someone famous (bit of a stretch of the imagination)
– The value of the piece has gone up since you first purchased it because it’s from a well renoun designer for which only one or two companies have been given exclusive rights to produce the furniture.
– It’s a piece of memorabilia that is being put up for sale to raise money for charity
– You have articles of certification verifying it’s authenticityThe piece is from a recognized luxury or high-end designer & has the branding clearly embossed or attached to it.
The ‘cash for your furniture’ round up :
Thanks for reading!